Wednesday 28 April 2010

Getting Crafty! An Interview with Crafty Pagan Designs - Special offer for blog readers!

Thanks to Rowena from Crafty Pagan Designs for providing some wonderful insights into the life of a crafter and online seller! Have a read of what she has to say...


Rowena, What do you make?
I make luxury handmade greeting cards, vintage tag sets, bookmarks, and other stationary and altered art. Anything that I can stamp on!
How long have you been creating?
I've been creative all my life but I only got started stamping and papercrafting 3 years ago when I was pregnant with my now 2 year old boy. I think it was the first real chance I'd had to really get involved with a hobby after years of working long hours in beauty spa management.


How did you come across these materials/styles of crafting?
My style is developing all the time as I discover new techniques, or become inspired by something. When I began blogging over a year ago it opened up my eyes to the wonderful types of papercrafting and the cool stamps that were available. 
Who or What inspires your work?
Whenever I'm feeling uninspired I spend an hour or so looking through other stampers blogs-the talent out there couldn't fail to inspire and spark a new idea!


Is this your full time job or hobby?
I'm a stay at home mummy and any chance I get (my sons nap time and bedtime) I work on my etsy shop and create new projects. 
Where have you been most successful selling?
I'm really only starting to see good sales from etsy in the past couple of months when I've been really concentrating on promoting it etc, before then I sold items to local shops and word of mouth. 


Do you have any advice for fellow sellers trying to get more sales that has worked for you?
The only recommendations I can make that have helped me is if you're selling on etsy or another similar environment read the business posts-take advice, begin an active member in the forums, promote as much as you can (business cards, fanpages etc, blogging) and keep creating and listing those new items. Also respond to what others say that would like to see in your shop where possible, and always take custom orders!
Are there other blogs or sellers that you love?

There are so many bloggers and etsy sellers that I love! Here are just a few:
Queen of NostalgiaShe has been a long time favourite of mine-she evokes such nostalkgic emotion in both her writing and beautiful crafted pieces.
The LaLaLa Shop - Welsh artist Leanne Ellis has a style all of her own!
I love reading Crissy's Blog - Crissy is an artist for Whimsy stamps (the stamp company I design for) and I just find her blog so inspiring-she's such a talented artist!
Would you like to offer a giveaway/discount/promotion to blog readers?
I'd love to offer anyone reading this a 10% discount off any purchase (excludes shipping)-just quote Noogal Creations blog in the message to seller and I'll refund the amount through paypal after you've paid. Valid for one month.

You can also follow Crafty Pagan's Blog, Twitter and Facebook Pages...

Would you like to be featured on Noogal Creations? Just email me to find out more noogal@gmail.com 

1 comment:

  1. Well written and interesting interview! I enjoyed that! And a big hug and a thank you Rowena, for the mention and the link! You are a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete